Friday, May 4, 2012

Garden 2012

Being that I've been so busy between work, school, and trying to be social I wasn't sure that I was going to attempt a garden this year.  However, the urge to get some sunshine and to have wonderful veggies to eat this summer won.  I spent the early part of last week planting my garden boxes for the year.  It was so much fun.  I realized though that I'd need to set up a watering system that I could just turn on and turn off without my supervision needed.  So this year I decided to attempt putting in a drip line system.  I didn't realize that putting all those little drippers in would be so time consuming.  By the time I looked at the third box with it's rows and rows of corn (OK like twelve rows of 9 plants each row), I decided that I'd change to a soaker hose for that box.  So I have two boxes with drip line, and the plan is to get a soaker hose this weekend for the third box.  I still have to put the drip lines out for my fruit trees and blueberry bushes.  But the garden is coming along nicely.  My apple tree has five little apples on it so far, my mandarin has about as many little mandarins, and my orange has not flowered, but I'm still hoping.  I'm so excited to have the ability to grow fruits and veggies.  They taste so much better than store bought. 
Beans and Peppers, and you can see the drip line work. 

 Tomatoes
 Drip line woot woot, the blank space has carrot seed in it.

 squash, melons, herbs, cucumbers and more drip line, oh yeah and cabbage
 corn, and the blank area next to it is more corn that will sprout and give a second harvest :)
more peppers, spaghetti and butternut squash, and the dirt area up top is where I planted onion and garlic seeds.  Gotta love gardening.  I'll update the photos throughout the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment