Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dinner with the missionaries

I had the opportunity to feed the missionaries tonight for the first time in a few years.  Crazy scheduels, miscommunications, and lack of seeing the calendar caused quite the delay in having the missionaries for dinner.  I invited my neighbors over to make sure there would be another guy.  They checked their calendar and discovered there was a conflict. I asked someone at church who wasn't able, so Brother to the rescue it was. 

I stopped quickly at the store on the way home from work to grab some last minute taco ingredients.  Then it was quickly get everything together before everyone showed up.  Dinner was yummy and it was a great visit with the missionaries.  For the spiritual thought they shared a short video on the purpose for missionary work.  It brought back a lot of memories of my own mission in New York.  I'm glad that I was able to feed the missionaries, and I'm thankful that my brother was able to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment