Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feeding the Missionaries

So I left work this evening and headed home.  I dropped some things off, loved the kitty a bit, then headed back out.  I was meeting the missionaries at Subway for dinner.  It was a good dinner.  I talked with them about their current work, who they were teaching, what their favorite moments from the mission were so far.  I got to share some of my favorite moments from my mission too.  It was great.  The elders are very enthusiastic about the work they are doing and it was fun to hear about the efforts they are putting forth, and the progress they are seeing in those they are teaching.  It made me think back to my experiences in New York, and all the people I was blessed to have the opportunity to teach.  I think I shocked the missionaries when I asked them what they thought I could do to help the work.  One of the elders told me it was the first time he had been asked that question.  They gave me a list of the people they are currently teaching so that I can remember them in my prayers.  I also volunteered to be available to provide rides to church or church activities.  I am happy to do whatever I can to move the work forward. The missionaries then shared a story entitled "the bridge".  It was very moving.  I am thankful everyday for the sacrifice of my Savior Jesus Christ and for a loving Heavenly Father.  Dinner with the missionaries was uplifting and helped make my day brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment