Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Small gifts bring great joy

I arrived home and remembered that Sister Miller left a voicemail that there were some treats dropped off for me on the porch.  I walked to the front door and low and behold there was a box of yummy goodies on the door handle.  Then I looked down and what did I see.  It was a package of pop tarts with a note taped to it. I was curious so I read on.  "To Sister Hernandez: From Logan.  Merry Christmas hope you enjoy the pop tarts.  Also, why don't you have milk with it.  Love Logan"  What a sweet gesture of giving, from one of my future primary kids.  The Miller's goodies look equally enticing.  I felt so loved from both generous gifts.  You just have to love the Christmas season.  So many reminders of the joy of the season, and the service and love shared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment