Sunday, December 18, 2011

Long time no write

I don't think I quite realized how little time I'd have when I decided to go back to school.  It has been a very very very bus semester.  Homework has been keeping me busy in the evenings and on weekends.  Work has been busy with lots of overtime (not such a good thing when I still have homework that needs to be done).  The garden got neglected, the cat dislikes when I get the laptop out to do homework, though he eventually settles down and sleeps at my side while I do literature searches or type papers, and the yard needs some attention.  My last final of the term is tomorrow.  Then a short break during which I'll be trying to catch up on yard work, and trying to fit in a social life since I've been in hiding to complete homework. 

I'm glad I went back to school though.  I have learned so much this term, and am very excited for my future in public health.  It took a little while to get back in the groove of having homework assignments, and lots of reading assignments, but things are looking up as I think I've finally got it down. 

Besides work and homework, I haven't had too much time for much else.  My roommate and I have watched a few movies here and there.  We watched a very interesting documentary on the Russian ballet last week.  The good old times.  My roommate leaves for the MTC this week, and I'll miss having her around.  She is going to be a fantastic missionary though, and she will do great in Russia. 

I was present when my roommate got set apart this morning.  It brought back so many memories of my mission.  Today is 10 years since I left for the MTC.  I can't believe how fast time flies by.  Sometimes it feels like yesterday. 

Well, that's enough for now, I just wanted to get something into the blog since it has been such a long time since I wrote. 

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment