Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Huge moth

I stopped my car at the end of the driveway today so I could grab the mail.  I noticed something brown up by the garage door and I wondered if it wasn't a leaf or some paper that had blown there.  I put the mail in the car, grabbed the trash cans to bring them back up, and then walked over to investigate what was by the garage door.  It was the biggest fuzziest moth I had ever seen in my life.  Huge legs, huge body, humongous wingspan.  I used some of the circulars to pick it up and bring it into the house to take some photos.  It was still for quite some time and I wondered if it was resting, injured, or what.  After it had been in the house for about 20 minutes and as I was taking more photos, it started to move it's wings.  I didn't have to wait much longer before it was flitting about the house.  I quickly grabbed the kitty so he wouldn't eat the moth, and I opened the back door and helped the moth find his way out.  It was a pretty neat nature moment.  It's wingspan was as wide as the distance from the base of my wrist to the tips of my fingers.  It was a huge moth.




No comments:

Post a Comment